Thursday, May 31, 2007

I know I know ... I've been Ignoring You

But seriously, I really haven't .. I just haven't had the time for you.. so it's Neglect not Ignoring that I've been doing.

Last weekend was a busy weekend.. Memorial weekend.. Lots of Tourist, Sunshine, and work.. yep work. I worked the entire weekend. That's okay, I've worked a lot of those weekends. My only gripe is that once a person become a "tourist" they seem to be under the misconception that the world revolves around their wants and needs.. Well , I'd hate to be the one to burst your bubble.. No I'm Not... but it don't. Folks, if you are traveling... anywhere.. at any time, please PLEASE remember to say Thank You, Please, Have a Nice Day, and if all else fails at least Smile pleasantly. I gotta tell you, the only ones who remembered to say those things are the ones who live around here and say it all the time.

Okay, enough Bitching. So, I had an alright birthday... sucks that it is during a Holiday weekend... Got some cards, some "Happy Birthdays" acknowledgements, and even a gift. Yeah, I know it doesn't seem like much, but then again my I've never made a big deal out of that day anyhow. Usually by then I'm still trying to recoup from the Kid's birthday bash she puts on each year. The card I got from my DH made me cry.. what he wrote was beautiful to me and better than any present he could have gotten. I got my Birthday wish and sat out on my porch and read, relaxed, watched the birds, and just enjoyed my morning.. that is until I had to get ready for work. I also got an e-card from my CM, and another card from my Mom. She has never missed a Birthday. And I won't forget to add all my friends and loved ones at the DoD , they are the best group of people.

Sis, I gotta say that you did a great thing when you brought it back for us.. all of us. I know you could have just saved some time and more if you had just let it go, but we really do appreciate you and David and the energy Ya'll put into it.

The Kid, I got her a summer "Job" w/ her Grandpa cleaning and organizing ... something to keep her on a good sleep schedule and out of the house away from the puter and video games. Plus she gets to earn a few dollars, and in the end can help buy her new school clothes.. I know it sounds horrible making her buy school clothes, but really and truly the Kid is a Clothes Horse. She loves'em. And this way, if she earns them herself; perhaps she'll take better care of them. Plus, she has the opportunity to work w/ the Coordinator of the Relay for Life doing good things during her summer.
I hope she jumps on it, I know that she had fun w/ it last year. Her God Mother is part of it and drug her along to it, but she had a blast and didn't want to leave when I went to get her after I got off of work then. This time, I think I'll just let her stay with "B" the whole night lol. I would go too, except I am scheduled to work ( as usual ) early Saturday morning, but may go out and visit when I get off of work on Friday afternoon.
This is something our whole County gets into.. helping to raise money for .. and helps in general.
Any how, that is my life up to this point.. other than gripes, bitches, and laughs I've forgotten.. I'll try to stop Neglecting you and get back here more often than once a couple of weeks. Perhaps once a week. The Goddess knows my life is a bit on the boring side. Perhaps I'll just say "Thanks" for that and leave you now and go live it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*hugs* You are not boring, I have missed your updates.
I am glad you had a good birthday despite having to work.
You're present will be there it is just a little on the unfinished side (Sorry had to put a rush on the wedding gift as it's sneaking up)
right now but you will be getting it and I think you will like it! And I know I didn't have to but you are my dearest friend and I love you and I wanted to do something nice for you for all you do for everyone else in your life.
And yeah we know all about tourists.