Thursday, May 10, 2007

A New Day

Well, we said our Farewell's to Gene yesterday.. it was difficult for all who loved him. My DH was a pall bearer, he stood up well.. shed a few tears. He wanted to share some stores, but like the rest of the family he just couldn't get past the tears in him to do so. After the burial, DH his best friend and many more stood around telling the stories. All in All it was a good day, in the sense that Gene is no longer suffering and is now beyond the pains of this time. Although there was all the flowers missing, The family had opted to forgo them in loo of money to help pay for the funeral.. Gene did not have insurance or anything else to help them.

I told Donnie again that I did not want a Preacher at my funeral ( it is not a time for which I gave up so that they could just give another sermon.. ) and that I wanted to be cremated and then you can gather everyone and have a huge party to celebrate my life and me. No Tears, No Black mourning clothes, No Regrets. Just remember me.

I did work that afternoon, it was an okay day, my co-worker and I took turns away from the register to do the more involved work... all in all we got the to do list done and more. Perhaps the next time I am in there I won't get reamed for what WASN'T done ( after I'd left ). We had a big meeting at work the other day, Aired out some frustrations ( at least the management team did ) and so far it seems to be working.. at least all of us except the GYer who seems to be under the impression she can show up .. oh.. whenever.. Bitch. Thanks to her the entire evening gets blown off schedule for the 3 - 11 person. I wish she would either quit or get on the ball.


This morning I was reading http://blog.dogwooddreams.com when I heard my FIL ( next door neighbor ) firing off his shotgun... lol. Stupid people next to him seem to think they have acres of land for all the animals they have on it.. 2 dogs, 3 goats, use to have 4 ducks, shitload of chickens.. minus 2 ... and the fowls are flight capable.. and well there were chickens in the garden of my FIL. Well needless to say, there are two less chickens in the neighborhood.. would have been three only FIL missed one.
Normally he returns the carcasses in hopes that they will get the message and after talking to the District Court Judge.. ( friend also ) he was told not to do that anymore. "Next time just throw the carcasses out the back pasture.. and be sure to call the ASPCA. They will do something about all the animals for such a small place"
We have been starting to have problems w/ the same people also.. well at least some of their animals. Their dog that they allow to run loose in the neighborhood ( chasing cars, school buses, and such ) has been coming late at night and strewing our trash all over the place. Our options are to either call Animal control, or the county commissioner. Or last resort.. Shoot the damn dog. To be quite honest.. I blame the owners around here for not taking care or caring about their animals and allowing them to run / roam free .. free to get run over, chase kids, shit all over the place, destroy property.. I think the owners should be held responsible.

Now, I know it sounds cruel, but I grew in the back wood of the Ozark Mountains where loose unknown dogs were shot on site.. where Coyote hides were posted on fence lines to warn others to keep off. ( Old Wives tale ) . Where you did what had to be done to protect the herds.

Well, I guess I've talked enough for a while. I'll be back another time soon. Have a wonderful weekend Yall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*hugs* Sorry about Gene, but you're right at least he is not suffering any more.

You're right on about the dogs. I remember as a kid Dad refusing to chain a dog up in favor of letting it run and consequently it was shot for chasing someone cattle.
the dogs around here are all up. There is an occasional break out though including Mo one day when he ran out the door while I was helping a lady chase her escaped dog down.
It's the owners responsibility to keep their animals out of harm's way and that they not be a nusience or a danger to their neighbors.

Love ya sis! Take care!