Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Devil Beat his Wife

Wish you could have been there w/ me yesterday.. was sitting on my porch watching the storm roll through, the rain beating the streets, water washing away the woes, wind styling my hair.. all the while.. I wished you were there to share it with me. There was very little lightening, but a whole lot of Thunder... BOOM !! BOOM BOOM !!! Rumble, Grumble, and moan. It was beautiful and amazing to see, and in the end the Devil was beating his wife.. Yep, it was bright and clear and still it came. A beautiful ending to a wondrous storm. I smiled, thinking of you my friend... and wished again I could have shared it with you... Perhaps another time. I found out that all the lightening was inside of town and even caused many places to loose electricity. But not here, not at the "show" .


K's day was a good one, the night before I had a total of 4 daughters. Not as large as the previous years seven; but still a good night. She had 3 or 4 more show up for lunch and cake.. and gifts. Unfortunately I had to go to work, but at least I was there for 95% of it. Lots of pictures of the girls, tons of laughter, and good memories.

Mother's day was quiet.. we went and had lunch.. us, MIL, BIL, and their families. I got a pillow K had made in Home Ec.. and a grass plant from DH. Then off to work again. Was still a good day. Lots of nice customers saying "Happy Mother's Day" , even more smiles and laughs.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, 15 yrs for us.. can you believe it... Fifteen Years; and still I look forward to seeing him every day. Somehow, I cannot imagine that so many years have gone and yet it seems we have been together a life time. I look forward to a full life together. I try each day to tell him " I love you" and he tries each day to make me laugh ( his way of saying I love you back ). A touch, A look, a shared smile and I am happy with my life. He takes all my worries and just blows them away by loving me. Another wonderful thing for tomorrow is the Banquet my DD K is part of, being honored in. I plan on getting it on video to share w/ my Mom since she can't be here to see it. Also I have to remember to take a digital camera for pictures too. My Baby is growing up, and I am growing also.

Until then I am still me, still alive, and still working to live and love well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful sis, brought tears to my eyes.
I miss you so much these days, guess because we've both bought houses and are settling in.
I love you and have a happy anniversary dear sis of mine!