Monday, August 15, 2005

Back to School...Monday..Again..


So tell me, what happened to waiting till after Labor Day Weekend to start school... not that I am complaining.. just curious. Is is because the children are no longer needed in the fields that we just don't wait any longer? Who Knows
As another school season begins so do the preditors ... so if by chance you stop by and have not looked.. here is a web site you as concerned parents / adults / teachers should look over. Don't leave it up to others to do for you what you should do yourself. http://www.stopsexoffenders.com/statelistings.shtml Have a look.. even small towns are susseptible. You might learn something that will save yours or another's child grief and pain.
Hell of a subject, but I love my child enought to do the research. I have even go so far as to go through the site w/ K (she is 12 now) and she understands that these people are NOT to be trusted.
As you can see she has a very ecclectic sense of color, taste, and clothing. I Love that she is secure in enough in her own skin that other people's harshness cannot touch her. Just as I have done my best to teach her that she has to respect other people's opinions... as they maynot be her's but to the others' it is just as important.
Hope the site catches your eye and you take a look at your school, hometown as see what dangers may lurk there for you and yours.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs* for you and K, (she looks less than thrilled to have her pic taken)
I don't know what happened to school starting later.
The site is a good resoucre.

The scraf is gorgeous! She will love it!

Anonymous said...

Are your kids blogging?
Recent studies and articles in the U.S. show a great number of kids are blogging.
Hi there I have just visited your blog and really like it. I will book mark it for future reference. I have just found this useful little directory of Life Insurance Companies in the UK let me know what you think of it.