Monday, September 19, 2005

First Shrug




Well, I completed my very first shrug for my daughter, and although she loved the colour she didn't care for the bulkyness of the back. I used a pattern from http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/mar99_crochet.html
and for my first try it was very easy, however I plan on reworking the pattern to suite my daughter and hopefully make one she likes and will wear. Don't get me wrong.. it turned out great, just not to her liking. She wants one that connect in the front like a regular bolaro jacket.
I used Red Heart Giant multicolour ( I seem to use alot of that lol ) in the color of 4040 Cabana Print double yarn w/ a P hook. I look forward to making more.
Next on my "family" list is a hat/scarf set for my niece in her school colors of green and gold.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fab to me Sis! Great work!

Jenny Moore said...

Looks great to me too! Love the color! Congrats on your first shrug!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you. *hugs* take care