Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Is it really Tuesday

Well today was much more productive than yesterday, but then again I wasn't in a vehicle for most of the day. LOL After I got up, and my Hunter got home we went to see the store and I got wrapping paper, tape, and other stuff, plus a couple of cute Snowmen for my MIL. She of course loved them. : ) I didn't get to work on her puter (she wanted a recipe from the Jane Pauley web site.. (http://www.thejanepauleyshow.com) so I found all of them for the specific day and sent them to my "notebook" for safe keeping until I can print them out for her. She was helping a friend of her's set up a christmas tree.. the friend is a couple of days home from the hospital (glad to hear that she is now Cancer Free)
Anyhow, I did find a recipie from Good Morning America that I believed sounded good and copied it for myself but am going to share w/ yall:
Bath Bombs: Nothing beat a good long soak in a warm bath. These bath bombs are effervescent and will add a bubbly spark. They are lightly seasoned with essential oils that will help your host relax after a party.
Dry Ingredients:• 2 Cups of baking soda• 1 cup of citric acid (buy at local pharmacy)• 1 cup of corn starch• 8 tablespoons of powdered sugar• 1/4 teaspoon of Borax (look in your market's detergent section)
Wet Ingredients: • Essential oil of choice• 5 tablespoons of light oil (choose from jojoba, sweet almond, olive, sunflower or canola • 1 1/2 tablespoons of water
Directions:
Measure and sift together dry ingredients. Thoroughly mix together wet ingredients.
In a medium bowl add 1/2 cup dry ingredients. Drizzle oil mixture (less is best) over dry ingredients (start with 1 tablespoon) and blend with your hands. Try to start forming mixture into a ball. If it's too dry (crumbles easily) add a bit more oil mixture. Continue molding the mixture until you can form a firm ball.
Place on parchment paper to dry. Be sure to check within 1-2 hours. If the ball has expanded, remold it shaping back down to original size. Allow to dry thoroughly (about 2 days.)
Wrap or package in decorative jar embellish and you're done.


Hope yall enjoy it if you try it.

Finally got back and wrapped presents, what we had and and I could do before K got home from school. After all that was said and done I finally made myself a Doctor's appointment and believe it or not... I got one the very same day...lol He is a nice man and he and I talked for some time before he sent me for my blood work. ( Bout time I got my INR checked ) Hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow and find out about the Cardiologist that visit the area once a month and get on his list too.
For those of you who do not know, I had Heart Surgery back in Sept and the Vas. Surgeon had to replace the Mitral valve of my heart w/ a New mechanical valve (thank you St. Jude) because of Reumatic Fever as a child (due to strep throat). Now I am on anti- coagulants for the remander of my life.

Until tomorrow....LAUNDRY DAY !!



No comments: